A 75+-attorney, 140-user law firm based in downtown Indianapolis – with offices in Chicago, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, Chattanooga, Detroit, Spokane, Dallas/Fort Worth, Philadelphia, and Milwaukee – seeks a skilled individual to provide paralegal/litigation support to its end users firm-wide. The candidate will work under the supervision of the attorney(s) assigned to a particular matter and will provide typical paralegal services. Those services include the preparation of correspondence, legal documents, and routine pleadings; analysis of pleadings, correspondence, and other legal documents; computerized research, including Westlaw, Lexis, and the Internet; and working knowledge of local, state and federal court and administrative agency rules, procedures, and deadlines. Beyond these typical paralegal’s skills the candidate must also be able to utilize litigation-specific applications to effectively support and maintain the Firm’s litigation and other areas of practice as necessary. Strong organizational and prioritization skills are also a must. Position responsibilities will require excellent knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office applications, e-discovery databases and review tools, PDF manipulation software, case management applications, a working knowledge of networks, as well as the ability to provide end users with basic usage instruction and one-on-one training. Candidates should be motivated and accountable, with excellent communication skills, good organizational and time management skills, as well as be a team player with a customer-service provider’s attitude.
Education and Certification
• Undergraduate degree preferred, or 3-5 years of relevant on-the-job work experience within a law firm or e-discovery vendor’s environment
• 3 - 5 years experience in a law firm or litigation support vendor, performing either litigation/paralegal duties or automated litigation support duties;
• Experience in the use of technology to support litigation efforts, with an emphasis on trial procedures, discovery, document productions (including electronic data), document management, and coding and scanning procedures and use;
• Trial support experience preferred;
• A thorough working knowledge of the litigation process; and
• Advanced level of experience with Excel functions and formulas.
Summary of Position: Beyond the typical paralegal’s duties referenced below, the Litigation Support Analyst assists and supports the Litigation Department team members to maximize the usage of litigation support tools and applications. Analyst assists in detailed data analysis, comparing and contrasting data through the use of Excel and other data analysis tools. Analyst acts as a consultant for the litigation team and works directly with attorneys, paralegals, and other practice support team members to maximize the usage of technology in the practice of litigation and other areas of law.