Licensing management agency is actively seeking an experienced paralegal to join its legal services team in its Indianapolis, Indiana office. This is a new and immediate opening. Ideal candidates will have experience working with trademark and copyright owners, agency and licensing agreements, and investigating and responding to potential trademark and copyright infringement claims.
We are a full service licensing management agency providing services to more than 560 colleges, universities, athletic conferences and special properties nationwide. These services include: Full license management, royalty collection and accounting services, legal and trademark search/registration assistance, trademark enforcement/anti-counterfeiting services, and marketing, merchandising and brand development services.
We are not an agent…we are a partner, and we are there, game day or any day, to help each client achieve their licensing goals. Our team boasts some of the most dynamic and passionate leaders in the industry. Innovation, attention to detail, and our commitment to personalized service has helped hundreds of colleges, universities, athletic conferences and special properties nationwide achieve greater brand awareness and royalty revenues.
• Assist clients in addressing infringement claims on a timely basis, including fact investigations, which will include direct communication with clients and online research.
• Draft, finalize, issue, and track cease and desist letters.
• Manage all enforcement efforts by maintaining a record of all infringement issues that arise, our enforcement efforts, the responses, and recommended next steps.
• Draft, finalize, and issue agency and license agreements, and manage the agreement process, including generating new agreements, and assisting with creation, amendment, and renewal of agreements.
• Regularly utilize our licensing software platform to assist team members with infringement and contract matters.
• Set-up process, which includes gathering necessary information, communicating with clients and licensees regarding infringement and enforcement matters.
• Assist management team with other legal matters as they arise, and provide administrative support as necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred.
• Background and understanding of trademark and copyright matters, familiarity with USPTO website, and ability to conduct effective infringement searches online.
• 1-3 years’ experience as a paralegal; trademark and copyright experience preferred.
• Must be organized and detail oriented.
• Demonstrate ability to communicate in a proficient, tactful, and confident manner with team members and third parties.
• Independent worker, ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner.
• Proficient use of software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Adobe PDF.