IPA's Job Bank
Among the many benefits of membership with the Indiana Paralegal Association is the popular job bank. Employers may post their paralegal job openings with us at no cost. Below we have listed the current openings posted to our job bank. In order to review the listing with contact information, please click here and log in using your email address and password.
Employers: Would you like to post your paralegal job openings at no cost? Your listing will reach our entire membership. Email your job posting in Word format to the Job Bank Director at email@example.com. Feel free to review the postings below for ideas on preparing your own listing. Generally, listings will run for approximately 45 days. If you need your listed to be posted longer, please advise the Job Bank Director. Only ads received directly from the hiring company and containing a job description considered appropriate for the skill set of a paralegal will be considered for posting.
Current Job Bank Listings Updated on April 24, 2014
1. Paralegal/Admin. Assistant – Busy Family Law Firm in Elkhart, Indiana is accepting applications for a full-time paralegal/administrative assistant. Family law experience preferred. Candidate must have strong communication and organizational skills. Proficiency in Quick Books and Microsoft applications is preferred. This is a collaborative practice. (added 4/24/2014)
2. Paralegal - Downtown law firm seeks paralegal. Litigation experience, with emphasis on insurance defense helpful. Candidates must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to work independently. Duties include organization and management of files, preparation of discovery, and trial preparation. Attractive benefit package, including paid parking. (added 4/21/2014)
3. PARALEGAL - As one of the nation’s largest labor, employment and immigration law firms, we represent employers in a broad range of workplace matters. Our clients include more than half of the Fortune 50 corporations.
Applicants should have experience in researching law, fact investigation, and preparation of legal documents; be able to perform the following essential functions: summarize legal documents; organize and index case files; docketing, including determination of calendar deadlines; accurately draft legal documents; prepare affidavits and maintain document files; be familiar with the litigation process and be conversant on individual court rules; prepare attorneys for mediation, deposition, and trial.
The successful applicant will be proficient in all Microsoft applications, Lexis-Nexis, WestLaw, and have excellent keyboarding and technology skills. They should be experienced in time entry and have good writing skills. The ability to organize cases efficiently, multi-task and communicate collaboratively with attorneys and staff are crucial in this position.
Qualified candidates will have at least five years’ experience in litigation. Paralegal certification preferred.
We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.(added 4/15/2014)
4. Corporate Paralegal - General contractor/construction manager, located in downtown Indianapolis, seeking Corporate Paralegal to provide legal support to the General Counsel, executive personnel and project teams. Legal group provides support to the construction company, real estate ventures, professional services company, leasing company and related ventures. Opportunity to work with a dynamic group of professionals in a positive, professional environment. Exceptional benefits and flexible work hours, if needed.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Provide support to the General Counsel, VP of Real Estate Development, executive personnel and project teams
• Prepare contracts for construction projects
• Prepare board minutes, affidavits, consents and general legal documents; maintain minute books
• Manage files, documentation and records for the General Counsel
• Furnish litigation support, including file set up, maintenance, document and fact gathering, prepare and review discovery material.
• Prepare drafts of letter, memoranda and other documents
• Assist in real estate and corporate transactions
• Superior interpersonal and communications skill
• Knowledge and use of AIA software is desirable, but not a requirement
• Ability to operate independently with little day-to-day oversight
• Ability to plan, organize and carry out assignments in a timely manner
• Self-starter, highly motivated
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Ability to organize, prepare, and maintain detailed records and reports
• Excellent organizational skills
• Problem solving skills
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Strong research skills
• A Bachelor's Degree is required
• At least five years of experience in a corporate legal department or law firm
5. Contract Administrator - The Contract Administrator is responsible for developing abstracts of executed contracts, loading and managing contract key terms and associated artifacts in a contracts repository, and providing renewal notifications to business owners and procurement. He/she will prepare and distribute reports and statistical data to facilitate planning and maintenance of accurate contract records and files. He/she leads all analytical aspects of summarizing executed contracts and identifying hierarchical structure of contracts and supporting amendments or schedules. He/she monitors renewal dates for active contracts and proactively works with Business Areas, Legal and Procurement to provide guidance on contract sections requiring updates or revisions. Contracts span all business functions and areas across the organization. Incumbent must be proficient in contract structure, standards and language. He/she exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance. This position will be located in our Fishers, Indiana location.
• 3 years of contract administration experience including contract law and administration with a background in researching and reviewing contracts; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
• Requires a solid understanding of contract terms, technology and/or services, procurement and of best practices in contract administration
• Requires strong written and oral communication skills
• Bachelor's Degree desired. Paralegal certification and contract administration experience desired.
OTHER HELPFUL EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE-.
• Formal training and certifications in contract administration are available and would be beneficial for a candidate in this position
• Legal training or experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Ability to perform self-directed research
• Excellent editing and organizational skills
• Understanding of principles of accounting including the ability to read and analyze financial statements of vendors
• Superior interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
• Highly developed analytical and critical thinking skills
• Ability to translate technical information into documents for technical and non-technical personnel
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and use sound judgment in prioritizing work assignments
• Strong computer skills, with emphasis on Microsoft Excel
We are a federal government contractor. Should this position support a government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. (added 3/19/2014)
6. Paralegal/Legal Secretary – Small, growing north side litigation, business, real estate and family law firm seeking Paralegal/Legal Secretary for a full-time position. Great opportunity for the right person to grow with the law firm.
Requirements for this position include:
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
Team Player mentality a must;
Attention to Detail and Ability to Multitask;
Proficiency in TABS a plus ;
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
Knowledge of time and billing law firm software a plus.
Ability to work independently
Strong writing skills
Punctual and Professional
Ability to meet deadlines & learn new skills
Hourly wage commensurate with experience;
Paid vacation and personal days as accrued;
Pleasant work environment.
7. Family Law Paralegal - New small family law firm located in Carmel seeking experienced family law paralegal to support one attorney. Compensation commensurate with experience. Applicant must be: 1) well-versed in all areas pertaining to divorce litigation, including experience in preparation of Qualified Domestic Relations Orders and related documents; 2) have excellent computer skills, with high proficiency with Word and Excel; 3) have excellent writing skills; and 4) have excellent communication skills and able to handle substantial client interaction with professionalism. Applicant will also need to be willing to handle other administrative tasks.
Julie H. Johnson
IPA Job Bank Director