Law firm is looking to hire an experienced Patent Paralegal to join our Intellectual Property practice group; as a paralegal you will assist attorneys in accomplishing billable work for client matters in the most efficient and effective manner possible. You will prepare, review, analyze, index, verify and organize documents and other materials required in connection with US and Foreign Patent Prosecution.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• US Patent Prosecution: draft formal papers, preliminary amendments for application, prepare disclosure statements and applicable documents, research potential issues, correspond with patent draftsperson regarding drawings, and order certified copies, etc.
• Foreign Patent Prosecution: correspond with clients regarding foreign filings, prepare foreign filing cost estimates, research requirements, draft letters to foreign associates, prepare transmittal documents and electronic files for PCT filings, proof documentation received from foreign associates, etc.
• Ongoing US/Foreign Procedures and Other Activities: research and assist with questions regarding US and foreign patent rules, review intellectual property chain of title, assist staff with questions regarding foreign docketing or patent annuity payments, draft exhibits, audit files, etc.
• Responsible for other special projects and other duties as assigned
• Billing expectation of 1550 billed hours annually
• Paralegal degree or a four year college degree is preferred, or applicable experience and a paralegal certificate. May consider a two year college degree and a paralegal certificate if complemented by at least two years work experience as a paralegal
• Previous patent experience preferred
• Experience in using a variety of computer software products, preferable in a Windows environment
• Must have ability to work well independently and as part of a team
• Must have ability to use good judgment in taking initiative and proceeding on a project or getting direction or clarification
• Must have ability to accommodate an occasional need for flexibility in work day hours, depending on demands of work load
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a disabled veteran or other veteran or military status, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, affectional preference, disability, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or other protected by class status.
We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, marital status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, status with regard to public assistance or any status protected by applicable law.