A dynamic IT company located in the northeast portion of Marion County has a unique opportunity for an experienced Executive Assistant to support the President and CEO of our organization. We are looking for an individual that understands what it takes to not only support the CEO, but also play a vital role in advancing the mission of our organization.
The person selected for this key position will ensure that our CEO is prepared for all meetings and special events, is up to date on all communications and will help manage multiple projects that will significantly impact the company.
This is a full-time position with benefits, including 401 K, health insurance, vacation, life insurance, etc.
I Purpose: To serve as the primary point of contact on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President & CEO.
II Essential Responsibilities:
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including managing an active calendar of appointments, completing expense reports, composing and preparing correspondence that is often confidential.
• Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
• Represents the President by welcoming visitors, reviewing correspondence, arranging meetings, dinners and other organization functions, answering questions and meeting requests direct to the President.
• Researches, prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, and/or response.
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
• Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
• Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving; making adjustments to plans.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization.
III Work Experience and Education:
• Requires satisfactory background check.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Paralegal degree preferred and financial background helpful.
• Experience and interest in internal and external communications.
• Proficient in Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat and social media web platforms.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships external partners, etc.
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
• Emotional maturity.
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.